the many types of infant miscarriages
Did you know that there are different types of miscarriages in pregnancy loss.
Starting at the earliest type of miscarriage here we look more in depth at each type of miscarriage.
- Bio chemical pregnancy the earliest type of infant miscarriage.
which can occur before a woman even learns that she is pregnant. With chemical pregnancy, an egg is fertilized, but dies shortly after implantation, so a heartbeat is never identified.
- Threatened miscarriage:Bleeding and cramping in pregnancy that does not result in a miscarriage,thee pregnancy carries on until the birth of the baby.
- Missed miscarriage (delayed or silent) the pregnancy has stopped developing but is still inside the mothers womb.
- Incomplete miscarriage: most of the contents of the pregnancy in the womb as naturally miscarried but there is still some tissue left inside, if not removed can cause infection to the mother.
- Complete miscarriage:All of the pregnancy tissue the growing baby has died and has been passed and the uterus is empty.
- Recurrent miscarriage: When a woman loses three or more pregnancies before 23 completed weeks.
Back to Articles