Something Precious smallest baby burial clothes
to dress a tiny baby with dignity and respect for final goodbyes.
reasons why my baby died
Why did my baby die? miscarry,stillbirth,miscarriage pregnancy loss
When a parent finds out that baby passed away in the womb or shortly after birth, the question Why is the top question no one really wants to talk about. Here we look at some fatal conditions that occur in the womb due to birth defects,genetic mutations and fatal birth conditions in depth.
Congenital disorders, (or disease) in my baby.
Congenital abnormalities happen in 20-25% of perinatal deaths.These genetic and other disorders can be diagnosed early in pregnancy.
- A condition existing at birth and before birth, or that develops during the first month after birth regardless of its cause.
- Structural deformities termed "congenital anomalies"; involves defects in or damage to a developing fetus.
- A congenital disorder may be the result of genetic abnormalities.Passed down through the parents genes.
- The unterous environment, errors of morphogenesis, infections, or a chromosomal abnormality.
The outcome of the disorder will depend on complex interactions between the pre-natal deficit and the post-natal environment.
Baby loss due to incompetent cervix, a cause of misacarriages around 16-24 weeks gestation.
If a diagnosis is following such a miscarriage,a stick is put in placre at the next pregnancy.At fourteen weeks, when the possibility of spontaneous miscarriage from other causes has receded to negligible, and a scan has reveals that the fetus and placenta are growing normally. Fourteen weeks is also just before entering the danger period of miscarriage caused by cervical incompetence.
The insertion of the stitch is done in the operating theatre under a general anaesthetic.Its usually removed at 38 weeks ready for labour commencing.
Genetic disorders in a baby
- such as cystic fibrosis,Spina Bifida, sickle cell, tay-sachs disease, Down syndrome (known also as a downs baby), Marfan syndrome,plus Huntington's disease.diseases of heart and kidney also occur due to genetic disorders.
loss of one baby twin in womb due to twin to twin transfusion:
- TTTS is a disease of identical twin fetuses caused by abnormal connecting blood vessels in the twins' placenta, resulting in an imbalanced flow of blood from one twin to another. serious for the survival and health of both twins. affects as many as 1 in 1000 pregnancies.
click here for more resources and lists of genetic diseases that are life threatening.